• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(25421)

Captain
Feb 4, 2004
Hi im new to this and i thought i give an AAr a go. I couldnt decide which one but wanted to do one which would be both challenging and unique and so have decided to start in 1936 with Afghanistan a small but very patriotic and independent country landlocked by two major nations, Britain and Russia and also borders the weaker but rich in oil, Persia. I hope to turn the small country of Afghanistan into an Empire something around the likes the Persian and Ottomn empires were. Okay well im orf to start it now and ill post my new thread with my info.

Right here i go... After a numerous number of meetings Muhammed Zuhir granted the Afghan Chief Of Staff Shah Mahmud Ghazi the authority to start expansion in the west but was warned not to upset Russia or Britain. With this Shah Mahmud Ghazi soon mobolised his two armies and sent both to the border with Persia were without any time wasted Muhammed Zuhir the King of Afganistan made a speech declearing that parts of the Persia had once belonged to the Afghan Mogul tribes from the 18th Century and that they had a right to claim these lands. Afghanistans Mixed army consisting of 11 malitia Battalions swept into the Persian district of Birjand with their objective the port of Shiraz were they would also have to pass through the region of Kerman. They were scheduled to reach Shiraz by the 3rd of March.

A Persian Cavalry Battalion was the quickest Persian Army unit mobolised and rushed into the Afgan region of Herat were an Afgan Cvalry Diviion waited and they became involved in a furious batle. The battle in Herat was going Afghanistans way but to make sure theire central army was sent to help which considted of 3 malitia divisions and the Elite Royal Afgan House Guard.

After the 1st Day of battle Shah Mahmud Ghazi said tat battle operations were commencing very well and Persia refused Afghanistans claim on their lands and declared war in turn.

I did have a screen shot to admit but i dont know how to insert it and so ill leav that for next time. Untili post again on Afghanistans Expansionist Regime Goodbye

It's nice to see the Afghans invading someone else for a change. It'll be interesting to see where this leads.

When I tried declaring war on Iran, I got my butt kicked.

The Persian Campaign Continued

On March 1st the Battle for Hrat is over and a Persian Cavalry Division is enialated and the victoriois Afghan Central Army march upon Mashhad. On March 3rd the Afghan Mixed army enters the port of Shiraz and five days later occupy the region of Esfahan which borders Tehran the capital of Persia. By March 24th the Persian army is in full retreat and a victorious procession is held in the streets of Tehran by a Persian Collaboraters association as the Afghan Mixed army enters the capital and a day later the Persian goverment sets itself up in Persia newly proclaimed capital Hamadan. The Victory is short lived for soon a Persian Infantry Division counter attacks the capital and firerce fighting is in progress. The day after the Persian Army makes a stand at Mashad awaiting the approching Afghan Central army whom Shah Mahmud Ghazi is travelling with during the campaign which has won great support at home in Afghanistan. As i finish this report fierce fighting is taking place in the streets of Tehran as well trained Persian Regular soldiers fight for control of their city against a larger group of Malitiaman. The fighting is evenly matched.

On May the 5th the Persian Army abandon the Afghan prediction of holding out at mashhad and consisting of a cavalry battalion break through the Afghan lines at a shattering spped taking control of Birjand and Kerman and on that same day the battle for Tehran is over with the Afghan Mixed army emerging victorious. On May 10th the Persian Counter attack rolls into Shiraz which falls without a fight but 2 days later the Afghan Central Army counterattcks the port and a raging battle ensues. Aftr a a couple of days of heavy fightin the Central Army pulls out to Esfahan butthe Persian Cavalry Vattalion beat them their and the ragged and exhausted Afghan Central Army is once again drawn into a fight. While the fighting in Esfahan is happening the elite Afghan Fahrah Cavalry mop up previously controlled Persian regions and new regions such as Bandar Abbas and arrives at Shiraz with no opposition a week later. A day later the Afghan Central army and Persian Cavalry Battalion have barely but wiped each other out and the few hundre exhausted men from each side left retreats in disorder and the Afghan Central Army ceases to exist.

At 5:00 pm on June 27th the Persian Counter Offensive draws to a halt and the reamaing Persianarmy that is a Malitia devision retreats to Tabriz which after the fall of Hamadan was declared the new Persian Capital and a wekk later Afghanistan controls all of Persia apart from Tabriz and the desert of Yazd. On July 8th the Persian Collaborators association put forward a plan of a Puppet Regime but is dismissed by Minister of War Shah Mahmed Ghazi whh had only just arrived in Tehran after his retreat from the battle of Esahan and the break up of the Central Army. A week later the Persians ensue a new offensive which captures the region of Qahremanshar.

The creation Of The Afghanistn Empire

On August 4th the Afghan Mixed Army enters the Tabriz to no opposition and a day later the Persian Goverment capitulates and Persia is annexed by Afghanistan. t the closing of the Persian Campign the mixed army which numbers 10 malitia divisions has five transported to Kabul to form the a new army named the Kabul Army and a new Regular Infantry with air defence Divison is formed and sent to Teheran and becomes the foundation of the re created Central Army. Shah Mahmed wastes no time in meeting with the King of Afghanistan and telling him of how ripe the situation for taking the Sinkiang Province of Jarkant was as it had been isolated by a recent Nationalist Chinese offensive and could be added to the Nely named Afghanistan Empire.
And so a day later on September 7th Afghanistan declares war on Sinkiang and the Kabul Army deprts for its long mountainous trek into Jarkant.

Excellent war, but the sounds of things.

Edit: removed stupid, obvious quesiton *embarrased*

On December 1st the Afghan Foreign Minister visits Bagdhad and Ankara and establishes its new borders woth the two counties and offers each goverment its friendship and on Dec 5th the Afghan Armaments Minister Abdul Majjid Zabuli makes a publich speech in Kabl admitting that Afghan Armament Production was underfinanced to gain support and in a hope that he wil be funded by the King himself but he goes unoticed by higher authority.
Dec 10th: Their is Nationl fury as Nationalist Chinese soldiers occupy the Sinkiang province of Jarkant and the Afghan FM oders a immediate withdrawl of their troops from that sector as Afghanistan had claimed it earlier on. The Natoinalist troops leave the city of Jarkant but the Goverment says that the region of Jarkant is still part of Nationalist China and that Aghanistan have no right to it. On May 13th with Kabul Army still approaching Jarkant through a trecherous journey through the hills the Afhan FM flies out to start negotiations with Nationalit China but war with Natioanlist China Seems iminent.

On January 13th the Afghan Economy collapses and Afghanistan plunges into chaos. Arnmaments Minister Abdul Majid Zabuli threatens to resign and two days after the FM returns from negoatiations in China and makes a speech at Kabul Airport informing that Nationalist China would never agrre to give Jarkant up. On January Nationalist China anex Sinkiang and their is a national out cry in Afghanistan but the King demands that with Afghanistan in its recentstate of affairs it would be impossible to start fund a war against Nationalist China but promises within his lifetime Jarkant will be under Afgahni rule and in conclusion to this Kabul Army stopp their march on Jarkant and return to Kabul. A food shortage soon starts a famine in Afghanistan and rebels in Persia a coup de grace but it fails misserably. In a effort to restore the Afghan economy the indusstrial Capacity all over he Afghanistani Empire is increased and this duly help to replenish the Afghan econmy and halt the crisis.
By May 4th the Econmy has considered considerably and has even improved.

I am actually at a crossrads with this AAr because i dont know what course of action to pursue..?

I dont know who t invde next and am waiting for Japanese DOW on Nationalist China befeore i invade Jarkant.I would have war with Iraq but that would have to be quick and decisive before they could mobolize but i dont want to have to go to war with the Allies...not yet any way. so any suggestions woul be much appreciated.

Go for Iraq, be quick and hopefully the Allies wont attack you. And Iraq's army isn't the greatest.

Great AAR, go¡¡¡¡¡¡

i do not know wever i should launch an invasion of Britian or Russia..would that be foolish at this stager i fear it would..I think i might need Germny etc as a destraction

I don't know if you want the wrath of the Allies so early in the game. You might want to move eastward.

Sorry to hear about Afghanistan's problems.

No useful advice here I'm afriad ;) I'm just tagging along for the ride. Keep it up.

Parts of the Afghan Army take up postioins along the Iraqi border and King Muhammed Zahir inspects his troops as they wait to Operation 'rattle snake' to commence. So on June 6th Afghan troops rush over the Iraqi border without hardly any resitance and the Farah Cavalry capture Iraqs only port, Basrah and destroys its navy. The Kabul Army is despastched from Kabul and makes for Abadan. Within 24hrs Britain and France declare war on Afghanistan but FM Haji Faiz rushes to Delhi were they come to a peace term and France accepts these negotations. These were partly helped by the DOW by Germany on their Sovereignty.
By July 23rd all of Iraq is in Afghan hands apart from Bagdhad which hold Iraqa 5 Division Strong regular soldiers and so a siege of Bagdhad begins.

Afghan Military staff fell that Iraq could hold out for a long time in Bagdhad and prepare for along siege but a little known General argues that they should test the Iraqi defenses and so it is agreed that the Afghan Mixed Army shall launch an attack on Baghdad. On the morning of August 1st the Afghan troops expect only a few skirmishes on the outskirts of the capital but as they attack tey realise that Bagdhad was not being defended by a regular Infantry Army but the remnants of a demoralized and starving force and population. The Iraqi goverment was expecting no war and hadnt brought in any supplies. The little resistance is pushed aside and that evening the Iraqi army surenders and Bagdhad capitulates. Th day later Iraq is emerged into the rapidly growing Afghanistan Empire.
On August 8th the Afghan Armanents minister orders the cinstruction of a destroyer and so thus the Afghan Navy is born.

Perhaps you should go for turkey, it will no only give you resources but also a foothold in europe, land in the balkans mean weak neighbours...

No DOW from UK?